How to Cook Chicken Curryposted by: Rowena
Chicken curry is one dish I didn’t want to taste before, for I’m not fond of eating food with coconut milk but when I tried some, I craved for it more and more. The Indians introduced this kind of food not only to the Filipinos but also it has reached the western people too. So we are not just the only ones who were influenced by them. Of course, if they have their own recipe and styles in cooking chicken curry, surely, we Filipinos do have our own too. This dish is described to be a variety of spiced dishes. You can also try the Indian style or the Thai inspired dish. Here’s how to cook Chicken curry. This is it!
Below is a list of the ingredients on how to cook Chicken curry. Try this Filipino recipe and you’ll gonna love the result.
• ½ kl. chicken
• 1 large onion, cut into quarter
• 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
• 2 stalks celery
• 2 potatoes, cubed and fried
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• ½ teaspoon fish sauce (patis)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 head small garlic, crushed
• ½ cup thick coconut milk
• 1/4 cup water
Try this Filipino Chicken Curry recipe and follow the instructions well to produce a delicious and flavourful chicken curry.
• Wash chicken and cut into pieces.
• Put a pan or a slow cooker over medium- high heat and saute garlic and onions til light brown.
• Put chicken and add in patis. Stir it for 3 minutes.
• Pour in curry powder and season with pepper and salt and then add water.
• Boil until chicken is half cooked. Be sure to cover it.
• Add all the other ingredients except for coconut milk.
• Pour in milk when chicken is tender. Continue stirring and wait til it boils.
• Wait for about 5 minutes again.
• Serve hot with rice and you can enjoy your meal.
If your kids don’t want the usual dish you always have during meals, make a variation, try this Filipino style chicken curry. It’s a recipe that is easy to prepare and cook. You just need how many minutes to do it and you’re all done.
You might also like