Chicken Curry Filipino Style – Chicken Curry Ingredients / Recipes Pinoy Styleposted by: Feby
Are you looking for some recipes that can be cooked in less than 30 minutes? Well, the search is over. You are on the right track my friend. This recipe is so quick and easy to prepare. The ingredients are available anywhere in the Philippines, so you can prepare it anytime you want. This is also swak sa panlasang pinoy and Filipinos really love this whether be it on parties or simple meal at home. So here is the recipe and a detailed procedure on how to cook Chicken Curry Filipino Style.
- Cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 onion – chopped
- Medium size of ginger- sliced into strips
- 1 bell pepper- sliced
- 2 big potatoes- cut into cubes
- 1 big carrot- cut into cubes
- Celery- 2 stalks- diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- ½ chicken wings or leg part
- ½ cup of Coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoon of curry powder or curry paste
- Heat the sauce pan and put some oil in it. Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger. Then add the chicken and wait until it turns golden brown. Add the seasonings like fish sauce and curry powder or paste.
- Add water to it and boil for few minutes until the chicken is already tender.
- When the chicken is already tender, put the vegetables: potatoes, carrots, celery and bell pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, add the coconut milk or the evaporated milk into the sauce pan. Be sure to mix them well. Simmer until the coconut milk is perfectly cooked. Then you’re done.
- Finally, serve Chicken Curry with plain rice.
This dish is rich in nutrients and easy to prepare. You can enjoy this meal in less than 30 minutes. It’s also best serve with refreshing pineapple juice to lessen the spicy taste. Have a hearty meal folks!
You might also like