How to Cook Spicy Chicken Feet – Chicken Feet Recipe / Ingredientsposted by: Feby
Asian cuisine has I think one of the weirdest recipes but the most delicious ones especially in the Philippines. Philippine island is known for its exotic food recipes. Some culture or nationalities may find it weird and gross but hey these recipes are well prepared and made from the finest ingredients.
One example of exotic food or recipe that I am talking about is Spicy Chicken Feet. In some countries, chicken feet are being thrown away, but in the Philippines, you can find it in Filipino’s kitchen. Spicy chicken feet are perfect partner of beer or rice.
Anyway, here’s how to cook spicy chicken feet.
Spicy Chicken Feet Ingredients:
Here are the ingredients you will need to make spicy chicken feet tasty and delicious:
- 1 kilo of chicken feet, skin and toenails removed and cleaned thoroughly
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 1 medium sized ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 5 pieces of bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon of peppercorn
- 5-7 pieces of chili ( siling labuyo), sliced
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Cooking oil
Cooking Procedure :
- First, heat a cooking pot and put enough cooking oil to sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Next, stir the chicken feet into the pot until it has changed its color. Pour soy sauce, vinegar and water. Bring to boil and cook until the chicken is almost tender.
- Then, when the chicken feet are almost tender, put the peppercorn, chili, bay leaves and sugar. Cover the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce is almost dry.
- Finally, remove from the heat. Transfer the cooked spicy chicken feet into the serving plate. Serve with beer or rice.
Spicy chicken feet are available anywhere in the Philippines because they are not only served at home but also in the street as a street food.
You might also like