How to Cook Chicken Adoboposted by: Feby
Filipinos are not only known for being hospitable but also how they love to cook food and eat. Filipino dishes may not be that well garnished but once you have tasted them you will keep asking for another serving. As a part of being hospitable, Filipinos love to cook food for their visitors. Your visit in the Philippines will not be complete unless you tasted or tried their chicken adobo. This food is different from roast chicken cooked in a slow cooker. So, how to cook chicken adobo ?
Here’s the recipe and how you can make this delicious adobo.
- 1 kilo chicken (any part will do)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 10 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 potatoes (sliced in cubes)
- 1 teaspoon of Vegetable oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of water
- First, wash the chicken well and cut it in 3 inches thick.
- Preheat the pan. Place the vegetable oil. Sauté garlic, onion until golden brown.
- Once the garlic and onion are already golden brown, place it in the pan. Add soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves and water. Let it boil.
- Put the sliced potatoes in the pan after 10 minutes of continues boiling. Let it simmer for few more minutes until the potatoes are already cooked.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. You can also adjust the flavor by adding more soy sauce and vinegar.
- Simmer for few more minutes until the chicken is already tender.
- Serve hot with rice.
There are so much more Filipino recipes that you can try and you will surely love just wait for more updates.
You might also like