How to Increase Appetite in Childrenposted by: Rio Dianne
Most moms are often worried about their children especially toddlers and preschoolers. These kids are usually picky eaters or always have low appetite. And although there is an array of powdered milk promising to provide essential supplement for the child, you still just don’t feel at ease. A child grows slower than a baby which is why essential nutrients should be given in order for them to perform their active play necessary for growth. But if your child isn’t just into eating, then follow our tips on how to increase appetite of your children. There are actually a lot of things that you can do naturally and you’ll be amazed to see the difference. Learn some of the tips to increase their desire to eat.
How to Increase Appetite in Children
- Always set a regular time when to eat meals. You can also make the meals small and frequent to successfully boost your child’s appetite. Give them enough time to consume their meals so that they will feel more relaxed.
- Persuade your children to sit at the dining table every time they eat, and as a parent, you should also try to sit with them at the dining area.
- Offer a variety of food and offer them in a manner that is appealing to the child.
- Ask your child what they prefer to eat and respect them.
- Eliminate foods which contain empty calories such as sodas, candies, and other sugary snacks. Instead, replace them with other options like fruit juice that may help improve one’s appetite.
- You can also try to increase your child’s activity level. This helps him consume more energy and when he does, he will need to eat more food to make up for it.
- Provide your little ones with multivitamins. To be sure of what is effective, ask your pediatrician about it. Oftentimes, a deficiency in vitamins can lead to poor appetite. Help them boost energy and raise growth hormone by providing vitamins and minerals rich in zinc, iron, etc.
- There are also a lot of natural and herbal appetite enhancers like ginger root, fenugreek, and Ashwagandha which can be administered to aid in increasing your child’s desire for food.
Those are some ways on how to increase appetite in children. Never struggle with your child if he doesn’t want to eat as he’ll eventually do so once he felt hungry. However, a constant occurrence of the condition should be talked with your doctor to find out any underlying conditions as to why your child is low on appetite.
You might also like