How to Cure Itchy Throatposted by: Rio Dianne
Itchy throat is another term for strep throat. Having it can be very bothersome and what’s worse is that it provokes you to cough forcefully. Oftentimes, it makes you even feel hard to breathe. Depending on the cause, it poses symptoms along with runny nose, itchy eyes, pain, and difficulty speaking and eating.
Causes of Itchy Throat
There are actually several conditions as to why one experience it. This includes:
- Dry throat which may be due to the weather, alcohol, tobacco smoking, caffeine, etc.
- Irritants like polluted air
- Bacterial and yeast infection
Fortunately, there are some remedies that one can try to treat to provide temporary relief for itching. This article will give you tips on how to treat it. Take note that the tips will work well on mild cases of strep throat. However, in severe cases, it’s better to seek medical treatment to provide better recovery.
How to Treat Itchy Throat
- Gargle with lukewarm water and salt. It aids in alleviation of pain and discomfort experienced from this condition. Gargle atleast 2-3 times daily.
- Drink lots of water. A person suffering from this itching should always stay hydrated by consumption of plenty of fluid.
- Try honey and ginger tea. Honey and ginger have antibacterial properties which also help in getting rid of bacteria causing scratchy throat.
- Chew garlic cloves. Like honey and ginger, garlic also gets antibacterial qualities that alleviate infection.
- Try to breathe in steam from boiling water with eucalyptus oil. This will help you soothe your lungs and lubricate your throat linings.
- Suck on lozenges to help smooth over irritation and pain caused by the condition.
- Eat fruits rich in Vitamin C.
- Do not force your cough as it can irritate the linings.
Those are some of the actions you can take on how to cure it. Hope this has helped you!
You might also like