How to Cure a Sore Throatposted by: Rio Dianne
Sore throat, also known as strep throat, is the inflammation of the back of the throat or the pharynx and is caused by streptococcus bacteria. It commonly occurs when a person has cold or flu. Some of the symptoms which manifest on a person with sore throat include fever, redness, pain, and swelling of the throat. A person may also find it difficult to swallow, has blocked nose, and experience hoarseness.
Since having sore throat can also be a big pain, in this article, we will help you come out with some home remedies on how to cure it almost instantly. Find out how to treat and get rid of them to alleviate the pain sore throat brings. Read on.
How to Cure a Sore Throat
- Gargles – Gargles can actually be used to relieve pain experienced from having strep throat and naturally, they chance the acidity of the throat therefore killing the bacteria.
- Try salt water. Dissolve a tablespoonful of salt in a cup of warm water and gargle with the mixture every couple of hours.
- Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with one teaspoon of cayenne pepper (tincture capsicum) or cayenne powder, three teaspoons of honey in one cup of warm water.
- Gargle with Listerine since it’s an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Herbal teas which contain licorice are also good for as they soothe the pharynx and the lungs.
- Drinking a lot of fluids will surely help.
- You can also opt for pain control treatment aspirin or ibuprofen to relieve the pain caused by it.
- Take a lot of rest. Rest promotes rapid recovery and faster healing. One should also eat fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin C.
- lozenges can also provide relief from sore throat.
Those are just some tips which you can take on how to treat a it. In instances, when your sore throat has become chronic and severe, then you might have to consult your doctor about it as it can be an underlying cause of a certain condition. Good luck!
You might also like