How to Cook Rellenong Bangus – Rellenong Bangus Recipe / Ingredientsposted by: Feby
Stuffed Milkfish or rellenong bangus is one of the many special dishes that you can taste in the Philippines. It’s not only because of its delicious taste but because it requires a lot of time to prepare and cook. That is why you can only see this Filipino dish every once in a while and only in special occasions.
Rellenong bangus is so specially made because of its cooking process which can took so much of your time and effort. It needs a lot of patience and delicate hands to do its cooking procedures and to come up with the perfect dish.
Anyway, here’s how to cook rellenong bangus the simplest way.
Rellenong Bangus Ingredients:
- 1 medium or large size of bangus ( milkfish)
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely cubed
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 slices of ham, finely chopped
- 1 small can of cooked peas
- Cooking oil
- Soy sauce
- Calamansi or lemon juice
- Clean the fish thoroughly. Remove scales and intestines.
- Next, pound the fish gently to loosen the fish meat from the skin and the fish bones from the fish meat. You may use a flat side knife in pounding. While pounding, break the hard bone at the nape and tail.
- When you feel that the fish meat has loosened already, insert the handle part of a ladle through the neck or where the gills are located. Then, gently scrape off the fish meat from the tail to the neck. Repeat this step until all the meat is removed from the skin.
- Then, marinate the skin into a mixture of soy sauce and lemon juice or calamansi juice and set aside.
- Cook fish meat in a boiling water. Drain, de bone and flake the fish meat.
- Heat a sauce pan and put a little amount of cooking oil. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until brown or cooked.
- Add the fish meat, carrots, green bell pepper, and ham. Seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Put the raisins and stir fry.
- After few minutes, add the raw egg and a mixture of flour. Stir for few minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a clean plate, place the marinated skin and fill it in with the cooked fish meat.
- Wrap the fish with aluminum foil and fry it in a frying pan with liberal amount of cooking oil.
- Let it cool for a bit. Slice and serve with catsup.
As you can read it, it will take a lot of time and effort just to serve and make this Filipino dish. Don’t worry if you can’t make it perfect this time. Remember practice makes perfect, so keep on trying and keep on cooking.
You might also like