How to Cook Rellenong Pusit – Stuffed Squid Recipeposted by: Feby
Relleno or relyeno in tagalong is a common way of cooking dish in the Philippines that is usually served on special occasions. Relleno is a Spanish term that means stuffing or to stuff. There are so many relleno dishes you can learn and prepare and among them are rellenong bangus, chicken galantina and rellenong pusit. Rellenong bangus and chicken galantina are the hardest to prepare while rellenong pusit is the easiest one.
In this article, I’ll share the rellenong pusit recipe. Since it’s the easiest relleno ever, you can serve this anytime and not just on special occasion. Here’s how to cook rellenong pusit and how to make its sauce.
Rellenong Pusit (STUFFED SQUID) Ingredients:
- 500 grams of squid ( medium-large size)
- 50 grams of ground pork
- 50 grams of chopped turnips (singkamas)
- 1 medium sized bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ tablespoon of Calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- Tomato sauce
- Cooking oil
For the Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ pouch of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of all purpose flour ( dissolve in /2 teaspoon of water)
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of Water
- Soy sauce
- In a non metallic basin, marinate the squid with Calamansi juice, salt and pepper for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the squid from the marinade, remove the squid head, chop and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onion and garlic. Then add the chopped squid head and pork. Put singkamas, tomato sauce and bell pepper .Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until it is almost dry. Remove from the pan.
- In a clean large plate, stuff the squid with the mixture you make. You may use toothpick to secure it.
- Prepare the frying pan, dip the squid into the beaten egg and deep fry the squid. Don’t overcook. Set aside.
For the Sauce:
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion, garlic and carrots. Add the remaining tomato sauce and ketchup. Add water and season with soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Simmer for few minutes. Then add the flour and simmer for another minute. Turn off the heat of the stove.
- In a clean plate, arrange the squid and pour a little amount of sauce into it. Serve hot and with rice.
This is another Filipino recipe or food that your family will surely love. This is not only delicious but rich in vitamin c too. Enjoy your meal.
You might also like