How to Cook Chicken Galantinaposted by: Feby
Chicken Galantina or Rellenong Manok in Tagalog is a stuffed and baked chicken recipe. This Filipino recipe requires a lot of time of preparation and effort. That is the reason why it is only serve during holidays and special occasions.
Maybe you are one of those worried people about how to chicken galantina and how to make this dish perfect. It may not be easy and quick but I guarantee you it’s worth it. This food is something you and your family will look forward every time there is a special occasion or when holidays come. So get ready with your cooking skills and let me guide you on how to cook chicken galantina.
Chicken Galantina (Rellenong Manok)
Ingredients of Chicken Galantina:
- 1 whole de boned chicken ( you may ask a butcher to do it for you)
- 500 grams of ground pork ( tenderloin)
- 1 cp of ham, chopped
- ¼ cp of sausage
- ¼ c of sweetened pickles, sliced
- ¼ cp of Chinese sausage ( chorizo)
- ¼ cup of grated cheese
- 3 hard boiled eggs and 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Soy sauce/ salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- Marinate the de boned chicken with soy sauce and pepper for about 30 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the stuffing ingredients such as ground pork, ham, sausage, chorizo, pickles, cheese, garlic, onion and slightly beaten raw egg. Mix all the ingredients well. Sprinkle pepper and put a little Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Prepare for stuffing. Start stuffing the chicken with the ingredients you mixed by using a spoon. Carefully stuff the chicken, when you already stuff half of the chicken, put the hard boiled eggs inside it in a row at the middle part. Then continue to stuff it, until it’s all stuffed.
- After stuffing it, seal the opening of the chicken by sewing it. You may truss the chicken to maintain its shape. Brush it with butter and wrap the chicken with foil.
- Next, place it on a baking pan. Put it inside the pre-heated oven (170 degree Celsius). Bake for an hour and half or until golden brown.
- Finally, remove from the oven. Let it cool for few minutes. Slice it and serve with gravy or sauce on the side.
This food is rich in niacin and protein. It can promote good digestion and healthy skin. Through this dish, Filipino shows how wonderful it is to celebrate occasions in a Filipino style or way.
You might also like