How to Cook a Turkey Breast in a Bagposted by: Feby
Turkey has been a part of every Thanks Giving Day celebrated by many in different states and nations. They say turkey is the most ideal big bird to serve in special occasions because it’s cheaper and has a tasty meat.
Turkey has different kind of classic menus which you can taste in different occasions such as turkey with gravy, stuffing, wrapped in bacon, grill and glaze. Some fellows, who still have more time before dinner, opt to use slow cooker or Croc pot.
If you are wondering how long to cook turkey, that depends on the recipe that you are going to cook. For grilled ones, the grilling time depends on how well you marinade the meat. The longer you marinate the meat, the tender it becomes and easier for you to cook it.
In this article, I will be sharing some tips on how to cook a turkey breast in a bag.
TIPS ON COOKING TURKEY BREAST IN A BAG:
- Cooking a turkey breast in a bag is a very good choice if you want to make a moist roasted turkey. You can use this while using electric roaster or oven. In this way you can preserve the taste of the meat by making sure that the temperature of the food stays inside the bag. It can also speed up the roasting process of the food.
- Remember that when using a cooking bag, you need a cookie sheet or foil roaster to avoid the bag from touching the hot racks of the oven.
- Cut small slits to the top of the bag to let the steam escape and to ensure the tenderness of the meat inside.
- In using cooking bag, don’t cook the turkey in partial because it can lead to food poisoning and avoid cooking the meat at a very low heat oven.
- You can also use a turkey sized bag in combining dry ingredients before stuffing the turkey. Don’t stuff the turkey a day before or for a long time before actually cooking. It can mess up the tastiness of the meat.
Hope you learned something from the tips above. Remember, reading some tips before cooking is very essential to avoid messing up your food preparations and your time with your family on holidays.
You might also like