How to Prepare for a Blind Dateposted by: Gretchen
There was a time when singles were so engrossed with blind dating. This type of date is arranged by friends or relatives who want to do matchmaking. They feel that you are a perfect match for her brother or sister so they do some kind of set up. They will let you meet a person hoping that you will develop a romantic feeling toward each other. However, this type of dating does not always end up with a good love story. Sometimes, one is left with a broken heart because of cheaters.
If you get into a blind date what are the things that you have to know before you meet your partner ? Is there a dating guide that you have to follow?
Preparing for a Blind Date
Below are dating tips and pieces of advice that may guide you on your blind date.
- Dress up properly. Wear something stylish but decent. For women, avoid wearing revealing clothes. Be conservative since it’s your first time to meet. Wear any comfortable outfit for your first date.
- While on your way to your meeting place, don’t save any room for expectations so you won’t be failed if in case the person does not meet your expectations. You can get ideas about the person through the ones who arranged the date.
- Agree to meet at places where the two of you can be comfortable. Don’t go for fancy places. This is a part of the preparation.
- You should set your mind that the person will be just one of your friends. Don’t think of any romantic things yet. It’s too early to fantasize.
- Bring your phone with you in case of emergencies. Train yourself to do this all t he time.
- It is also suggested that you bring some cash or a credit car. Get ready for any circumstances. This has been a practice even for typical dates.
- Study your meeting place. Just in case you’ll need to run away, then you’ll know where to escape. At least you’re prepared.
- Prepare yourself for any questions that the person may ask.
These are just some of the things that you need to know to survive in blind dating. Preparing is easy but if you’re there already that’s another thing. If it fails, try elimidate. Be a contestant.
You might also like