How to Treat Hypothyroidism Naturallyposted by: Rio Dianne
The thyroid hormone is the one responsible for stabilizing the body’s metabolism. Therefore when the body is deficient of the thyroid hormone, it leads to a condition known as hypothyroidism or otherwise known as underactive thyroid. People suffering from the condition manifest symptoms such as fatigue, weight gain, general weakness, coarse and dry hair, cold intolerance, abnormal menstrual cycles, decreased libido, and even memory loss.
Its causes are linked to genetic factors as well as problems with the thyroid gland such as goiter, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis or may occur after diagnosis of Graves’ disease otherwise known as hyperthyroidism.
The condition is naturally seen in middle-aged adults; however it can happen in children, too. Apparently, treatment is focused on synthethic hormone replacements. Still, many people are looking for ways on how to treat hypothyroidism naturally. Though there isn’t really natural cure on how to treat the condition, there are atleast some home treatment you can perform on how to boost your thyroid function. Here are some of the home remedies.
How to Cure Hypothyroidism Naturally
- Diet. A person’s diet is essential in allowing your thyroid to function optimally. With this, foods rich in Tyrosine are needed to do so for the reason that it binds with iodine thus producing the thyroxine hormone. Some sources include bananas, almonds, beans, yogurt, and low-fat milk. Meat, poultry, tuna, and salmon are also beneficial since they are rich in Selenium which is another mineral to improve the condition of the thyroid.
- Exercise. It is also essential as it helps maintain weight thus preventing weight gain which is among the symptoms of the condition. Cardiovascular exercises for atleast 30 -60 minutes will be of great help for the patient.
- Vitamins and Minerals. Supplementation of Vitamin B complex, E, and A also help in balancing the thyroid function.
- Stress Management and Other Alternative Treatment. Stress can also be a bog contributor to its occurrence which is why being able to manage stress will surely help in reducing the occurrence of the symptoms. Other alternative treatment like acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicines as well as other naturopathic treatment can also be of great help to improve the task of the thyroid gland.
- Detoxification. Detox may also be performed since it helps in eliminating the toxins in the body therefore leaving your system clean.
Those are some ways on how to treat hypothyroidism naturally. Remember, these tips are not suggested to be as substitute to medical interventions. Instead, they are other alternative ways alongside medical treatment to alleviate the symptoms of the condition. Good luck!
You might also like