How to Treat Goiter Naturallyposted by: Rio Dianne
A goiter is an abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland wherein one of the symptoms is production of a large swelling in the front of the neck. The occurrence of enlarged thyroid nodule just means that your thyroid gland is not functioning normally.
Causes of Goiter
- Iodine Deficiency leading to hypothyroidism
- Autoimmune Disorders like Grave’s disease causing the thyroid gland to be overactive leading to hyperthyroidism
- Solitary Thyroid Nodules wherein a nodule is developed in the thyroid causing enlargement and swelling
- Inflammation of the thyroid also known as thyroiditis
- Thyroid Cancer
A wide selection of treatment is present to get rid of goiter. However, there are also ways on how to treat goiter naturally. Using natural home remedies is a good way on how to reverse, cure, or prevent goiter. So, why not try some of the tips, and proven effective remedies on how to treat this thyroid disease naturally?
Natural Remedies to Cure Goiter
- Consume diet that is rich in iodine. Good sources of iodine include fish, kelp, and seafood. This way, you can prevent and reduce goiter and hypothyroidism. Also, always increase consumption of vitamins and minerals through fruits and vegetables. Intake of tomatoes, pineapples, and guava is also a good way to bridge iodine deficiency.
- Drink atleast three cups of green tea everyday. Research says green tea is high in fluoride which is considered a good natural medicine to reverse goiter. Moreover, green tea is rich in antioxidants which get rid of free radicals and toxins from the body.
- Drink juice of swamp cabbage 2-3 times daily as its proven beneficial for treating primary stage of goiter.
- Bananas and oats are also suggested to stimulate your thyroid’s function thus helping you to cure goiter problems naturally.
- Exercise regularly to increase the function of your thyroid gland.
Those are just some of the tips on how to treat goiter naturally. But you must remember that apart from these home remedies, you also need to consult your doctor if you believe that you have the early signs of the disorder.
You might also like