How to Prevent Grey Hairposted by: Rio Dianne
At a certain point in our lives, we will all experience having grey hair. A common belief is that it is associated with ageing. However, this is not always the case as some people already experience the onset of greying even at their teen stage and continues until one gets even older. So, what exactly can we do to prevent grey hair ? Frankly, there aren’t any methods yet to get rid of it entirely nor stop the graying, though there are tips that you can follow on how to prevent it. But before we get deeper into that, let’s see first what causes.
What causes ?
Below are some reasons linked to be the causes of premature graying, though scientists can not fully explain why the it naturally turns grey.
- Hereditary. Naturally, if your father or anyone from your family started greying at an early stage then chances are you’ll experience it also.
- Stress, anxiety, worry, shock, trauma, and tension also cause it to grey gradually.
- Severe illness and deficiency in nutrients which reduces the production of melanin.
Now that we already know why the it turns grey, its time that we discuss what treatment or home remedies we can do on how to prevent it.
How to Prevent :
- Eat nutritious food especially foods that are rich in Vitamin A to help promote healthy scalp, Vitamin B, and protein. You can also take vitamins and minerals like iron, copper, and zinc which adds in the prevention of graying.
- Take a time off. Relax. Since this is one of the causes linked to graying, you should search for ways to deal properly with stressful events and environment. Regular exercise and meditation can also be done.
- Smoking cessation. Smoking has always been linked to cause premature ageing not just the hair, but the entire body as well.
- Rub “amla” paste into scalp everyday. Regular massage of “amla” reduces instance of the greying.
- Massage the scalp with natural oils to improve overall its texture. You can try products with Vitamin E, olive, jojoba, etc. Massaging, at the same time promotes circulation and provides nourishment to your hair and scalp.
- Proper grooming. You need to be careful when choosing products to use. Be sure that you use gentle shampoo and conditioner to keep it in good condition.
Having a healthy hair is really one’s crowning glory that is why we have to take certain measures to avoid and protect our hair from turning grey prematurely.
You might also like