How to Prevent Blood Cancerposted by: Gretchen
One of the fears of most people is having the deadly disease called cancer. There are many forms of this disease. We have bone, breast, blood cancer, and so on. Just by thinking these illnesses give me goosebumps. As they say, it’s a lot better not to be rich but healthy than being rich but unhealthy.
It’s only necessary to know the things that we should do to avoid or prevent having any of these. In this post we are going to talk about the steps that we can take to prevent blood cancer.
What is Blood Cancer ?
It is a term for malignancy which attacks the bone marrow, blood, or lymphatic system. There are actually three kinds. We have lymphoma, leukemia, and multiple myeloma.
What are its Symptoms ?
Here are some:
- Fatigue, weakness, breathlessness and malaise
- Easy or excessive bruising
- Bleeding gums
- Frequent nose bleeds
- Recurrent infections or fever
- Weight loss
- Abnormal bleeding in nose, gums, and cuts, which can result in the reduction of platelets
- Bone and joint pains
Blood Cancer Prevention
Here are some preventive measures that you can take against it:
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Go for green leafy vegetables and a lot of fruits. As much as possible avoid red meat. Have a balanced diet though.
- Avoid or stop smoking. It increases the risk of acute myeloid leukemia.
- Minimize your exposure to radiation, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Have a regular exercise to reduce the risk of developing this disease.
- Stay strong physically and mentally.
- Do not abuse yourself. Get enough rest.
Statistics shows that in the US, a person from America is diagnosed with blood cancer after every 4 minutes and in every 10 minutes; this killer takes the life of a person. Just by these facts, you can tell the survival rates. The treatments done are not enough to save lives of all patients.
You might also like