How to Get Rid of Knots on your Backposted by: Rio Dianne
Have you ever experienced pain on your upper back particularly on your shoulder blades or maybe on the lower back and lower extremities? Chances are you might be suffering from muscle spasm or what is often called as “knots”. Knots on the back can be painful and irritating. So what causes it anyway? Basically, they can be caused by muscle strain brought about by incorrect posture. Slouching for instance is the best example of the poor posture. Lack of circulation in the area as well as muscle contraction is also among the causes why this condition occurs. If you’re one who regularly find your self suffering from back spasms, then you might have asked how to get rid of knots on your back. How to go about getting rid of them? Let’s see.
How to Get Rid of Knots on your Back
- Massage therapy has been the best choice in eliminating knots. Although it might be painful to have your back be massaged, it can help calm the spasms on the other hand.
- Heat application is also another way to address the issue. This dilates the blood thus increasing the circulation in the affected area.
- Exercise regularly. Constant exercising and stretching every 20 minutes can help speed up the blood flow in your back thus providing relief.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may also be taken to seek relief from the discomfort. Ibuprofen is the most commonly used analgesic to help deal with the aches.
- Another home remedy may be done through the use of a tennis ball. This can be placed on the floor, and you can lie onto it with the affected area pressing against the ball. This may temporarily ease your hurt form muscle knots.
- Consume diet rich in potassium since it contributes to relieving pain and preventing damage to the tissues.
- Drink plenty of fluids. This is byfar the simplest but yet a really effective method in treating muscle knots since it helps flush out toxins and ensures that your system is properly hydrated.
- Try other alternative medicines such as looking for a chiropractor or undergoing acupuncture.
Those are just some of the helpful tips we can give you as far as how to get rid of knots on your back is concerned. We’ve all gotten this sore experience once in our life and we hope that somehow the ideas presented will be of great help!
You might also like