How to Cure Anemia Naturallyposted by: Rio Dianne
Anemia is just one of the most common blood disorders (leukemia is another one) that are commonly seen in children, women, pregnant women, and men. This condition has something to do with the decrease in the quantity of the red blood cells or hemoglobin in the body. Hemoglobin, a component of the red blood cells, attaches to the oxygen and transports it in the body. Therefore, an anemic person tends to have less energy when performing activities of daily living since there is less oxygen supply in the blood.
Apparently, there are a lot of types of anemia including – pernicious anemia (as a cause of Vitamin B12 deficiency), sickle cell anemia (folate deficiency), and the most common is the Iron deficiency anemia. And though this disease has different forms, they share almost similar symptoms such as:
Symptoms of Anemia
- Easy fatigability or weakness
- Feeling dizzy
- Shortness of breath
- Inability to concentrate
- Memory loss
- Heart palpitations
If you are suffering from simple, iron deficiency anemia, and asking for natural treatment for anemic, then you might be surprised to know that there are actually a lot of natural ways you can take to cure it and how to recover fast. Read on.
How to Treat Anemia Naturally
- If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anemia, then your diet must include iron-rich foods. Absorption of iron is influenced by a lot of factors. Animal sources rich in iron such as oysters, clams, pork liver, mussels, etc. are widely available than vegetable sources.
- Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron fast. Therefore it is important that food rich in Vitamin C is included in your meal. Citrus juice or orange juice will make good choices.
- Deficiency in Vitamin B12 can cause anemia. Hence, it is vital that you add rich sources of Vitamin B12 to your diet that will help how to prevent anemia. Beef, cheese and milk, and eggs are some of the sources of Vitamin B12.
- Consume food rich in Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) is also a must on how to get rid of this condition. Sources with high quantities of folate include green leafy vegetables, egg yolks, bean sprouts, whole grains, avocados, etc.
- Avoid caffeine as according to some researches it inhibits iron absorption.
Those are some of the tips that you can do on how to cure anemia naturally. Keep in mind that these may just apply for mild anemia. In cases that it is severe, it is better to consult your doctor to take necessary interventions about your condition. Good luck!
You might also like