How to Cook Chicken Teriyakiposted by: Rio Dianne
Japanese foods like chicken teriyaki and orange chicken as well as beef teriyaki can be quite overwhelming. As for me, my most favorite among the dishes is the teriyaki as this is a simple and easy way on how to make dinner special. The recipe is just so easy to make that you will only have to add a little spice and vegetables as well as the other ingredients, stir fry into a marinade sauce, and voila! You get to transform ordinary chicken dish into one that is tasty. Whew! How to cook chicken teriyaki, you ask? Well then, please continue reading below.
Ingredients & Steps for Cooking Chicken Teriyaki
Apparently, teriyaki is one versatile meal as you can bake, fry, or have it grilled.
- 8 ounces chicken (whichever you prefer, though breast part makes a good idea)
- ¼ large carrot
- ¼ medium bunch of broccoli
- 2 fluid ounce soy sauce
- 3 fluid ounce of mirin
- 2 fluid ounce of sake (rice wine)
- 3 ounces of flour
- White pepper
- Chop the large carrot and broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- If you wish to pan-fry the chicken, bread it using flour and sprinkle a dash of salt and white pepper.
- Prepare the sauce. Combine the soy sauce and mirin together. If you want to add more, start with 2 parts of soy sauce and 3 parts of mirin. Adjust the ingredients to taste. Remove the sauce from heat and allow it to cool.
- In a pot of boiling water, place the broccoli and carrots. Take out the broccoli first as it cook faster than the carrots.
- Cook the chicken however you want. You can pan fry or bake it. As for this recipe, we’ll be frying it. Fry it for atleast 4-5 minutes under a medium heat. Flip it on the other side and let it cook for more minutes. Pour the sake into the frying pan once the pieces are cooked.
- Heat the teriyaki sauce under low to medium heat until its texture has thickened. Reduce the sauce.
- Serve the dish. Place the vegetables first and then pour the thickened sauce over the chicken slices.
So, that’s how easy it is to cook chicken teriyaki. Hopefully, we have helped you in your quest on how this meal is cooked. Douzo omeshiagari kudasai! :)
You might also like