How to Cook Chicken Barbecueposted by: Rowena
If you talk about chicken, people usually think of adobong manok, fried, roasted, steamed, or even sinigang na manok. This time, we’re going to have another way of cooking chicken, the Filipino style Chicken BBQ. A lot of famous restaurants cater this known and delightful recipe. I suggest you play your favourite music as I used to do while cooking.
Below are the ingredients for your chicken barbecue:
6 pcs. chicken breasts
½ cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. fresh oregano
2 tbsp. fresh parsley
8 cloves garlic, roasted
¾ cup oil (olive)
¼ cup white vinegar
½ tbsp.. red pepper flakes
The cooking tips on how to cook chicken barbecue.
1. In preparing the brine, dissolve sugar and water into cold water.
2. Prepare 2 storage bags/ containers and put 3 chicken breasts on each of them. Put brine and refrigerate for 1- 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, drain and put all the chicken in just one bags if all the chicken breasts fit in.
4. Put roasted garlic, oregano, vinegar and parsley together into food processor and blend until smooth. Then add the mixture with oil and stir in.
5. Mix in red pepper flakes.
6. Pour in marinade mixture into storage bag and seal, removing the air in the bag. Refrigerate for another 6 hours. You can leave this while you are asleep at night and you can have it ready the next morning.
7. If you are using gas grill, heat it for about 15 minutes.
8. Take away chicken from marinade and put over grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until slightly brown. You can brush the sauce over skin for a more delicious taste.
9. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. You can continue brushing sauce again and turn on the other side. Cook for another 5 minutes. You have to make sure it’s well cooked.
10. Remove over heat and Serve with rice. Yummy!
You can have sauce on the side if you wish too. I suggest soy sauce with calamansi, that would be great. Try this recipe and be guided by the above-mentioned procedures.
You might also like