How to Treat Rashes on Bodyposted by: Rio Dianne
Rashes occur as a result of an inflammation on the skin. They bring about the occurrence of red bumps or hives on the affected area like the face or any part of the body. Usually, these may be itchy o non-itchy. The condition can occur on all ages, but is pretty common in children such as baby rashes.
Causes of rashes include allergies, sensitivity to heat (heat rashes), and even serious underlying health problems like shingles, ringworm, erythema multiforme, and a lot more. Primarily, treatment of the condition should start on identifying what causes it in the first place. Once the diagnosis has been ruled out, you can perform some of the home remedies on how to treat rashes on the body. Here are some of them.
Home Remedies to Cure Rashes on your Body
- For any types of rash, it is recommended that you perform oatmeal bath. This can be done by adding a cup of uncooked oatmeal on the tub and soak in it. This is beneficial to relieve inflammations.
- Another home treatment proven effective is the use of chamomile oil or boiling chamomile tea. This can be applied onto the affected area to provide relief from itching and irritation. Chamomile is known to have anti-inflammatory characteristics.
- Make a paste out of a cup of water and a teaspoon of baking powder. Dab it on the site to alleviate discomfort and itching.
- Olive oil brings back the skin’s moisture as well as having the ability to heal skin conditions. Therefore, apply a few amount of olive oil to the affected area for treatment.
- Aloe vera gel is also among the commonly used home remedy to treat skin disorders. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties to fight off bacteria causing rashes. The plant can be applied directly on the rash or you can buy aloe vera gel on your local health stores.
- Consume diet rich in Vitamin C since it can help fight off agents causing the condition.
- Use mild soap as possible and pat dry the area.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid foods that can trigger the rash if its cause by an allergic reaction.
- Antihistamines can also be taken to treat the problem.
- Calamine lotion can be applied to soothe itchiness.
The above mentioned are some helpful tips you can do on how to treat rashes on body. One must remember that if they are accompanied with fever and has become prolonged, talk to your doctor immediately to rule out proper diagnosis of your condition. Stay healthy!
You might also like