How to Treat Fall Allergiesposted by: Gretchen
There are some people who suffer from allergies in the fall. This condition is called seasonal allergy. It is only present during a particular season like fall or winter. This is one of the many types of allergy. To understand how the fall allergy occurs, let’s get to know its causes.
What Causes Fall Allergies ?
- The main cause of this type is weed pollen. These weeds include sagebrush, ragweed, cocklebur, and tumbleweed (Russian thistle). Ragweed is the biggest enemy during the fall season. Pollen grains are released by male plants for reproduction. When these grains get into the noses of people, their immune system reacts by releasing antibodies which attack the allergens. This will result to the release of histamines in the blood. These chemicals trigger the itchy eyes, watery eyes, coughing, runny nose, and other allergy symptoms.
How Do We Cure Fall Allergies ?
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea to fight allergies. It contains Vitamin C and quercetin that can help block the histamine response.
- Include honey in your diet. It also one good natural remedy.
- Observe a healthy diet which means go for veggies and fruits. Avoid food items that can trigger it. Skin allergies are often triggered by seafood.
- Take over-the-counter drugs like Benadryl, Tavist, or Claritin.
- There are also nasal sprays (inhalants) and eye drops treatment available for this condition.
- An allergy injection may also be prescribed depending on the severity of the allergy.
If symptoms persist, consult your doctor for further medication. It is even better if you prevent it from occurring. Preventions include cutting down ragweed, wearing medical masks, and making your doors and windows closed.
You might also like