How to Treat Crabs at Home Naturallyposted by: Gretchen
One of the common sexually transmitted diseases or STDs is called crabs, also known as pubic lice. These are parasites are found in the genital area of humans. The scientific name of these parasites is Phthirius pubis and the condition is called Pediculus Pubis. These parasites feed on our blood and they grip to our pubic or genitals. The adult crab is 1.1 to 1.8 mm in length. If these little insects are present to your genital area, it’s very embarrassing and annoying. It is but important that you learn the ways to treat crabs. The good news is that it can be treated naturally. Treatment can be done right at your home.
How do you Know you Have Pubic Lice ?
If you see little white eggs or nits attached to your pubic hair plus severe itching, you probably have these parasites. Itching is also a sign of scabies, a skin infection that is sometimes mistaken to crabs.
What Causes Crabs ?
These are spread through unprotected sexual intercourse, sex with multiple partners, and rarely with infected clothing or beddings.
How to Get Rid of Pubic Lice Naturally ?
Here are some home remedy tips to help you eliminate or cure and get rid of these parasites.
- The first thing that you have to do upon discovering that you have crabs is to trim the pubic hair. This is not going to treat it but this will help in optimizing the effectiveness of the treatments. Do not shave it.
- Avoid scratching the infected area to avoid damaging the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of vinegar and warm water together. Dip a thick cotton swab into the mixture that you made and hold the cotton against the area. Press it firmly against the skin and then take the cotton off after 30 minutes.
- Mix a tbsp each of honey sugar,, lime juice, and salt. It needs to be thick and granular. Use this mixture to scrub the pubic or genital area with it. This will help in eliminating the eggs and pubic lice.
- Now boil a handful of margosa leaves in 500 ml water and add to your bath water. This also helps in removing the parasites.
- The patient has to see a doctor to make sure that he/ she does not have any other STDs like herpes. The partner needs to be examined, too.
Sexual health is important as it can out your life into peril. If you suspect anything, see your doctor right away. Hope this post helps.
You might also like