How to Treat Chlamydia at Homeposted by: Rio Dianne
There are more than twenty five sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) that affect individuals including herpes, gonorrhea, yeast infection, etc. But based on statistics, Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States. The disease is caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium which can pose symptoms such as genital inflammation and itchiness, watery discharge, difficulty urinating, and pain when having sex. Moreover, infection of the bacteria causes other underlying conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease in women while non-specific urethritis in men. Prompt medical attention is advised on how to treat this condition. And this is what this post is about as we’ll tell you how to get rid of Chlamydia and if there is a way on how to treat Chlamydia at home. Read on.
How to Cure Chlamydia at Home
Generally, primary treatment for Chlamydia is with an antibiotic which can be taken orally. It is extremely important to consume all the prescribed medicine by your physician. This will help kill the causative agent of the disease which is why this should be taken as recommended thus making sure that you do not miss any dosage. Prophylactic vaccines (PV) may also be given as an approach for this sexually transmitted infection.
Though home remedies don’t really help in treating the condition directly, they can be used as aid alongside medication. Follow some of the home remedies below:
- Consume a healthy and balanced diet including fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid consumption of junk food, refined sugar, processed and fried food.
- Help boost your immune system by drinking tea which is rich in antioxidants. Drink Goldenseal, Echinacea, and red clover herb atleast four times daily to help in treatment of Chlamydia.
- Saw palmetto is also known to be a good herbal choice in treating problems involving the urinary tract due to its antiseptic properties.
- Since the condition produces extreme itchiness on the genitals, aloe vera gel may be applied topically on it to provide soothing relief from the itch.
- Epsom salt bath is also beneficial as it can help in reducing the inflammation caused by the condition.
Chlamydia is generally a curable disease regarded that one has sought medical attention immediately. Again the home remedies given above on how to treat Chlamydia at home are just some additional tips for people who long for treatment of the condition. Hope this helped!
You might also like