How to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infectionsposted by: Rio Dianne
Sexually transmitted diseases or infections are nothing new. However, people suffering from them are still embarrassed and ashamed going about those issues. The incidences are actually higher than what is reported. Hence, these diseases are actually among the major causes of ill health worldwide leaving these people unaware of the risks caused by STD infections. Know the facts and take measures on how to prevent sexually transmitted diseases/ infections, but before that let’s take a look at some of the STDs that affect both men and women:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Genital Herpes
- Hepatitis B
Acquiring these infections – HIV and HPV – causes genital warts in both sexes as well as increasing the risk of cervical, vulvar, and vaginal cancers among women while penile and anal cancers in men and even AIDS.
How to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections
- Sexual Abstinence. While there are a couple of ways on how you can lower the risk of getting these infections, abstinence from sex is still the 100% way to acquiring STDs.
- If you can’t control your urge to have sexual contact, then limit your partner. Also, it is suggested that you research on your partner’s history. This way you’ll lower the risk of getting an STD.
- Another way on how to reduce the risk of acquiring STIs is to wear latex condoms. Wearing condoms prevents AIDS thus make sure to use this every time you engage in oral, vaginal, and anal sex. Always take care to bring condom along with you if you’re going out partying elsewhere.
- Sexually active people should avoid sex practices that actually out them at risk which involve breaking the skin as this poses you to higher chances of getting STDs.
- Get yourself vaccinated with Hepa B and HPV which are widely available nowadays.
Lastly, stay aware. If you suspect yourself to have STIs signs and symptoms including pain and discharges, then do not opt for self medication. Instead, seek medical attention so you’re doctor can lay plans on how you can treat or cure yourself by undergoing series of screenings and treatment. How to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections? We hope that we have helped you in your quest regarding this topic.
You might also like