Home Remedies for Vulvar Itchingposted by: Feby
Vulvar itching is indeed annoying and embarrassing on anyone’s part. Itching seems normal but when it accompanies different symptoms then that’s another story. But before we go to some complications, it’s important to learn why women experience vaginitis or vulvar itching and what are some home remedies for vulvar itching that can be done before seeking any professional help.
Vulvar itching is caused by different factors. Irritation or itchy labia may be caused by some chemicals present in your soap, feminine wash, sanitary napkins and underwear. Women experience itch before and after menstruation because there is an increase of vaginal discharge. Psychological stress can be another factor why women experience this. However, if your condition includes bleeding and rashes then it might be a symptom for acute conditions such as lichen sclerosis, vulvar dystrophy or even cancer.
Vulvar Itching Natural Home Remedies
Here are some home remedies that you can try as treatment if you have vulvar itching:
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic juice. Combine these two ingredients and dilute with warm water. Apply on the affected area when washing the genitals.
- Yogurt or curd. Soak a tampon or sanitary napkin in it. Then wear it.
- Buttermilk. Drink a glass of buttermilk twice a day. This will relieve you from the itchiness and prevent you from having yeast infection.
- Olive leaf and grape seed extract. It has curative properties. Combine the two extracts and mix with warm water. Use as feminine wash.
- Salt and warm water. Dilute salt to the water. Mix well. Then while it’s still warm, sit on the mixture. It is effective for almost every infection.
The above mentioned remedies are proven and tested by some. However, if you have tried these remedies but none of them work for you, then better talk your gynecologist about it. Seeking professional help is needed before your condition gets worse. Have yourself checked regularly to avoid greater risks in the end.
You might also like