Home Remedies for Breast Infectionposted by: Rio Dianne
Breast infection or medically known as mastitis is a common occurrence among women particularly after giving birth or when breastfeeding is performed. Infection of the breast is usually linked to yeast infection. Instances when it progress to inflammatory carcinoma or breast cancer is rare, however treatment through antibiotics is required as soon as you recognize the signs and symptoms of mastitis. The following are its symptoms:
- Lump in the bust area which is oftentimes painful
- Breast pain
- Enlargement in one of the breast
- Severe itchiness and discharge (abscess) in the affected area
- Swelling, redness, tenderness, and warmth in the chest
- Fever and chills
As said earlier, the first line of defense against mastitis in antibiotic therapy. But there are also natural remedies you can perform alongside medical treatment to provide relief from the condition. In today’s post, we’ll tell you some home remedies for breast infection. Here’s what you can do.
Breast Infection Home Remedies
- Most women experience comfort through heat. Therefore, hot compress can be applied on the affected area. The use of heating pad will be extremely beneficial.
- Massaging the affected area will surely help increase blood circulation thus letting loose of the clogged milk ducts.
- Drink plenty of fluids. This will help flush out the toxins from your body.
- Take a lot of rest to allow your body to recover from the flulike symptoms.
- Continue breastfeeding. I know it may sound so sadist, however doing this will help clear the infection. Don’t worry about your baby as he won’t be affected with the infectious condition. Mother’s milk actually has immunological factors to help babies be free from infections.
- Eating yogurt can also help since this contains live microorganisms to help fight off infection.
- Antifungal creams may be applied on the affected breast, but be sure to wash them prior to breastfeeding.
- Air dry your nipples after each feeding and make sure that you use cotton bras instead of synthetic ones.
These are some home remedies for breast infection which you can do to provide relief from that extremely discomfort situation. If the symptoms seem to be chronic, make sure to pay your doctor a visit for proper treatment. Stay healthy!
You might also like