Chest Congestion Home Remediesposted by: Feby
Chest congestion is one of the most uncomfortable conditions. This medical condition makes anyone feel painful. The patients usually have difficulty breathing and chest pain is felt because the lungs are filled with excessive mucus and fluids. This condition is accompanied with cough which is a natural procedure of the body to get rid of the accumulated phlegm. Lung congestion has many causes among of them is common cold and also it could be a symptom of some underlying medical conditions such as bronchitis, asthma and pneumonia. Anyone can have chest or lung congestion, so a handy knowledge about chest congestion home remedies is really essential.
Home Remedies for Chest Congestion
Natural cures are very beneficial especially in infants where harsh over-the –counter medications are a no-no. Try some of these remedies to give you relief from the congestion.
- Honey. It has anti bacterial properties that can efficiently cure congestion. It heals irritation of the throat and reduces cough.
- Water. Water therapy has proven a long way about its effectivity in curing a lot of medical conditions. It helps flush out bacteria and toxins accumulated by the body.
- Spicy food. Eat spicy food especially if you have difficulty breathing because it helps mucus to thin out.
- Eucalyptus. Drink eucalyptus tea and for steam inhalation use its leaves. This is one the best expectorant.
- Ginger. Drink ginger tea and add honey to taste. It provides relief on congestion and cough.
As I have mentioned earlier, chest congestion maybe a symptom of some medical conditions, so to avoid any complications and to understand your condition better, talk to your health provider about it.
You might also like