Papaya, Carrots and Fried Fish Saladposted by: Dennis Aguilar
Different flavors and aroma come together in this Asian-inspired salad. Everyone will surely get their appetites going with just a bite of the green papaya mixed with the salad’s sweet-tangry vinegar sauce and crunchy fried fish.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes plus 20 minutes to chill
Papaya, Carrots and Fried Fish Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups grated unripe papaya
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup copped wansuy
- 1/4 cup hive (dried shrimp), soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained
- 3 pieces siling labuyo
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 8 g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- 2 tbsp patis or to taste Shredded left-over fried fish crispy fried tofu or fried wonton wrappers (optional)
- Toss papaya, carrots and wansuy in a bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely crush the hive and the siling labuyo together. Transfer in a bowl. Add sugar and mix very well.
- Whisk in oil, vinegar & calamansi juice into the mixture till mixture is fully incorporated.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and patis to taste.
- To assemble salad, toss the prepared vegetables in the prepared dressing. Transfer on a plate and top with fried left-over fish, fried tofu or crispy wonton wrappers if desired.
You might also like