Interesting Facts about Canadaposted by: Gretchen
Most people nowadays want to work and live in Canada. Why not? Canada is now one of the best places to live in the world. It has a good quality of life. It promises a bright and stable future for its people.
Since you are one of the many people who want to move there, I believe that you should get to know the country first before finally deciding to settle down in there. I’d like to share you some interesting and little known facts about Canada. Look at the random list below.
Canada’s Interesting Facts
- The origin of its name is Kanata which is the St. Lawrence-Iroquoian word for Village or settlement.
- O Canada which is originally Chant National was written by Adolphe-Basile Routhier in French lyrics. The music was done by Calixa Lavalee. It was first performed in Quebec City in 1880.
- The border between Canada and US is known as the International Boundary. It’s actually the longest border between two nations in the world. It is at 5, 525 miles long.
- The famous motto A Mari Usque and Mare actually means “From sea to sea.”
- Canada is the second largest country in the world at 3,855,103.
- The density of population is 8.6 people/sq. mile.
- Its life expectancy at birth is 81.16 years making it as the eight highest in the world.
- Vikings settled the east coast of the country in A.D. 1000.
- Newfoundland was the first area to be explored by Europeans.
- An interesting trivia for kids is that this country is believed to be the home of Santa Claus.
- The country is the largest producer of a sweet dessert wine called Icewine.
- There’s a funny fact about Montreal. It is called The City of Churches because it has more churches than houses.
- A weird but true fact about the country is that it produces so much energy, which it provides to the US.
- One of the cool and fun facts about this place is that a Canadian created Superman.
- Canada geese are large majestic birds.
These are the non-useless facts and information about this country. I hope that the contents of this post are somehow informative.
You might also like