How to Write a Business Proposalposted by: Gretchen
Writing a business proposal is crucial. This is what will make or break the deal. Your success lies on your craft. You need to have a good one to close the deal. This is quite hard but let me help you by presenting the things to do in making a good business proposal.
How to Write a Business Proposal
- Talk with people who have written successful business proposals. Ask them the ones that worked and the ones that didn’t.
- Outline a two-part proposal. Include the description of the business opportunity and your plans to take advantage of it in the first part. In the second part, financial data –tax returns, a balance sheet, and a summary of your operating plan will be presented.
- Start writing the proposal. Make it concise and clear. Cite your sources when describing the market opportunity.
- Cite the things that make your company different from the others. Talk about your special skills and experiences in the field. Include your achievements in the field. These things will help you get the deal.
- Describe the part of the market you will pursue. Present and discuss your market strategies to take market share away from other companies in the industry. Explain how that project is to be done.
- Identify your target customers and give explanations for choosing them.
- Present the summary of your marketing and business plan. You can include details but be specific and brief.
- Discuss regulatory issues that your company might have to deal with.
- Highlight the top three people in the company.
- Describe your expectations about cash flow and revenue for the first year. Present the amount of money you will need to get started, how you’re going to use it, and where you plan to get it.
General Business Proposal Format
A business proposal contains the following:
- Name of the Company, Contact No:
- Receiver’s Details: (address and contact no.)
- Description: (Describe your company.)
- Executive Summary: (most important things about your company)
- Main Body: (Steps 3-10)
- Assurance (last paragraph): (quality services to meet the expectations of clients)
- Closing remarks,
I hope that this post has answered your queries on how to write a business proposal. Business letter or proposal templates and examples can also be downloaded for you to have better guides in making your business proposal that will surely close the deal. Good luck!
You might also like