How to Accept Criticismsposted by: Rowena
A lot of people see criticism as a negative idea. We take it negatively and most of us can’t handle it well. We always feel bad, feel nervous and distressed whenever we hear criticisms. We get offended so easily, it’s every man’s weakness. We allow it to affect us, our work, our families and even our lives. Why don’t we deal with it in making our lives better? If fact criticisms do make us more productive if we just deal with positively. Let us learn to understand what criticisms are really at.
Take these following tips on how to accept criticisms:
- We must have a better understanding with the word criticism. Don’t let its simple meaning be complicated. We have two types of criticisms- constructive and destructive criticisms. But it’s on how we deal with them. Why let other people destroy you when you can make use yourself productive in your own way. Use criticisms for you to be better.
- People usually do bad or destructive criticisms because of anger, jealousy, and even crab mentality. They are the ones who don’t want other people to go up. They are those depressed and unhappy with their lives so why get affected by them.
- When people throw you insults, just let them and ignore it. Do not go down to their level. Think well how you will handle it, think well too on the words you are to say. Remaining silent will embarrass the person who insults you along the way. Having a deep breath will help you to control your emotions.
- Take criticisms with appreciation, joy, and openness. Let your heart be open and give compassion to those criticisms given by people. See it in a positive way. Don’t let it destroy you instead let it be an instrument for your success. In criticisms, we learn and change for the better.
- We cannot please everybody, there may be critics who are harsh but just be positive. Make use of those criticisms to improve yourself. Be open to it and surely you’ll be better. Be thankful for they opened your eyes to certain areas where you could improve. It’s best sometimes to swallow our pride for us to learn and open doors for improvement.
Here are simple tips for you to accept criticisms. Always remember to take it in the most positive way. Never fear criticisms. Let them go your way but never let it destroy you, let it make you new.
You might also like