Laser Liposuction Side Effectsposted by: Gretchen
Due to the increasing number of people who undergo cosmetic surgeries, the field of medicine has developed different kinds of surgeries to improve or enhance the appearance of people. We have rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, liposuction, and many more. But in this post we are going to focus on laser liposuction.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Laser lipo, also called smart liposuction, is the latest method for removing fat using laser technology. It involves the use of a laser to dissolve and tighten the surrounding skin almost anywhere in the body. This technique does not require the use of a general anesthetic. The fat removal is semi-permanent because if you gain weight, the fat will come back in areas treated and not treated with the laser technique.
How much Does it Cost?
The prices range from $1,500-$15,000, depending on the procedure done, surgeon, and location.
What are the Risks of Laser Liposuction?
The complications of this technique include the following:
- Bruising: It can be painful but it won’t last long.
- Swelling: It should subside over a month or two.
- Scars: The scars will vary in size but they should fade away after two weeks.
- Limited mobility: This effect will depend on the exact procedure done.
- Contour irregularities: The skin can get bumpy or withered because of uneven fat removal or poor skin elasticity.
- Infection: f not given proper care, bacteria can get it and lead to infection. This could also be a risk of vaser liposuction which is the latest ultrasonic liposuction technique.
- Puncture of an internal organ: Accidents may happen anytime especially if the surgeon is not experienced. What happens is that sometimes the cannula that the surgeon uses damages an internal organ.
- Sagging skin: The skin becomes droop. This is one adverse effect of laser lipo.
- Seroma: This happens when there’s fluid build up in areas where tissue has been removed.
- Burns: Sometimes it can cause skin or nerve burns.
Now that you are aware of the risks and complications of this technique in removing excess fat, you have to think carefully before you even try. Hope this helps somehow.
You might also like