Irregular Menstrual Cycle Treatmentposted by: Rio Dianne
Irregular menstrual periods – this is one of the common concerns of several women. Although majority of the cases isn’t something you should be making a big fuss about, the thought can still be alarming especially when you’re expecting pregnancy to take place. Irregular menstruation can fall into different types including – missed periods, frequent menstruation, bleeding or heavy blood flow, and spotting. If you are among the many women who report not having regular menstruation, continue reading on about the possible causes alongside irregular menstrual cycle.
Causes of Abnormal Menstrual Cycle
The reasons why this happens are actually dependent on several variables including:
- Hormonal Imbalance commonly seen in pregnancy, menopausal period, in teenagers
- Stress and anxiety
- Excessive weight gain or obesity
- Weight loss
- Underlying medical conditions of the reproductive system
- Medication use
- Alcohol intake and cigarette smoking
How to Treat Irregular Monthly Cycles
If you’re irregular period is causing you to worry, then consult an OB-GYN to make sure that there isn’t any serious cause why you are suffering from such situation. Generally though, we will give you an overview about what to expect as part of treatment of the disorder.
Apparently, the use of birth control pills is the most common drug therapy for treatment of irregular menstrual cycle. They may not treat the exact cause of the situation, but they aid in making your cycles regular. This should be consulted to your doctor first since its use may pose some side effects even if it is highly effective.
Home Remedies on How to Cure Menstrual Disorder
Oftentimes, making some lifestyle changes can also help you get rid of problems like this. Perform some of the suggestions below to help bring back regular cycles:
- Reduce stress and anxiety. Perform some relaxation techniques and other alternative treatment like acupuncture or acupressure.
- Have a balanced diet. Reduce carbohydrate intake. Take some vitamins rich in calcium and magnesium is one great home remedy.
- Perform some exercises, but make sure that they are not strenuous enough.
- Get rid of any eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia which may contribute to its occurrence.
Follow some of the abovementioned tips to avoid suffering from problems concerning your menstrual cycle. Hope this has helped!
You might also like