How to Stop Sugar Cravings Naturallyposted by: Rio Dianne
Hooked on sugar ? Can’t you keep yourself away from ice cream and candy? Do you find yourself staying up late at night while grabbing those chocolate bars? If all your answers are yes, then you are a sugar addict.
Though craving for some sweets at some point in our lives is not a bad thing, what it leads to can predispose us to a number of illnesses or diseases. Sugar addiction is just the same as nicotine or alcohol addiction. It’s hard to stop, right? That’s why when sugar cravings can’t be gotten out of hand, you need to take actions and stop being addict before you strain your bodies further. Having said that, maybe you are asking yourself how to stop sugar cravings naturally. Read on to learn what ways you can take on how to get rid of sweet cravings.
How to Stop Sugar Cravings Naturally
- Try to increase your protein intake. It is always a better substitute as your source of energy without the help of sugar-rich foods.
- Avoid processed carbohydrate-rich foods including white pasta, white rice, and white bread. These oftentimes disrupt the metabolic balance of the body which makes our bodies want to eat something sweet.
- Eat whole foods like fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes. Whole foods contain natural sweetness as well as fiber which slow down your body’s sugar absorption thus control your blood glucose level.
- Drink a lot of water since water is considered a cure for sweet craving. At times, the need for water is interpreted as a yearning for sugar. Moreover, it will help you replenish your body systems so that it could function to its optimal level.
- Throw out any temptations near you that can induce your sugar addiction like candy, pastries, cookies, and anything that is rich in glucose.
- When food cravings particularly sugar hits, wait for about 10 minutes. Try to divert your attention like taking a walk, chatting with friends, or watching TV. This way, you’ll forget about grabbing sweets.
- Try the Apple-Cider vinegar. Most people say that drinking apple cider is another way of curing sugar addiction. Add 3 teaspoons of organic apple-cider vinegar to a 5-oz glass of distilled water. Also, this aids in detoxification and digestion of proteins and fats.
We understand clearly that is not easy to overcome food cravings especially sugar addiction. It is always a struggle just like any addiction. However, if you are really that serious about cutting down on any cravings, it can always be done. It doesn’t require you to do it overnight, rather take it one step at a time. Good luck!
You might also like