How to Remove Blackheads and Whiteheadsposted by: Rowena
I guess you would agree with me if I tell you that it feels great to look good and beautiful. But at a certain point, we really have to face some problems affecting our skin especially our face and shoulders just like blackheads and whiteheads or even pimples. I truly believe that seeing them on our face would make us feel sad and even depressed. It’s about time to learn, to know the ways on how to remove blackheads and whiteheads. It’s always nice to be well informed. But what are blackheads and whiteheads anyway? How do they form? Why do they occur? It really helps if we know the answers to these questions. Let me start by telling you these;
Blackheads are too little small black spots composed of melanin, excess skin debris and skin particles, they are also called comedones. They belong to the family of acne. Blackheads are partly blocked pores that appear due to glands producing too much oil or sebum, they tend to clog the pores, and when the chemicals in the pores harden, they get dark. It is also believed that the more they are exposed to air, the more they oxidize and if oxidation is frequent, the blacker they get. Whiteheads on the other hand are tiny, pearly, white raised spots that are formed when the hair follicle does not open to air making them be clogged with sebum and dead skin cells. One reason is that there is an excessive secretion of sebum oil. They appear to be white because of lack of exposure to air and that oxidation does not occur. Whiteheads are fully blocked pores and they are harder to remove than blackheads because of one main reason, they are embedded deeper in our skin or pores. Never ever squeeze your whiteheads or blackheads with your hands. This will not help you, instead it will cause more damage or inflammation on your skin and even aggravate the problem. If this happens, more blackheads or whiteheads would likely to appear.
How to get rid of having whiteheads and blackheads or acne is something that we should also discover. It is necessary to have precautions, so before they appear, it helps to know that we have done something.
- Be clean. Be sure to wash your face twice a day, even better if you use warm water. You can use facial cleanser with salicylic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid to unclog the pores. It really helps.
- Exfoliate. Apply exfoliating cream or lotion onto face in light circular motion. This will help the skin to look younger, and revive newer and healthier skin cells. Exfoliate regularly. Steaming is also helpful for it loosens the embedded debris from skin. This will make the skin smooth, soft and clean.
- Be healthy. Drink a lot and keep a healthy diet. Eat fruits and vegetables.
Be informed also on how to remove blackheads and whiteheads, here are the tips:
- First on the list still is to remain clean. Keep your face clean. Wash your face regularly. A medically acclaimed soap would be helpful. Honey is also good. Wash face with warm water, this will help open the pores. Spread honey on face and leave for 10- 15 minutes. It penetrates the skin deep into pores and later removes dirt and oil. It’s also important to look after your diet and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Drinks water, as much as you can.
- We have a tool especially designed to remove whiteheads and blackheads, we call it the Tweezerman, the whitehead/blackhead remover. But remember, do not squeeze them with your fingers, an experienced esthetician or dermatologist should do the extracting.
- Exfoliate the skin. Use a gentle acne exfoliant, this will help the skin to renew and remove debris blocking the pores of the skin. Use cream or moisturizer with Salicylic Acid.
Removing blackheads and whiteheads takes a lot of time and patience. Achieving a flawless complexion needs a lot more. Effective natural remedies for acne should be taken in consideration, leaving less damage to skin.
You might also like