How to Get Rid of Roaches for Goodposted by: Gretchen
Saying goodbye is never an easy thing. It’s pretty true not only for humans but also applicable to pests like roaches. They are everywhere no matter what you do to get rid of them. But there are certain things that you can do to get them out of your house and sight for good.
What is a Cockroach ?
A cockroach is derived from the Spanish word, “cucaracha.” It carries a flat, elongated black or brown shell-looking body. It has long antennae, and a head pointing downward. The wings are used to distinguish females from males. Females do not have wings; males have two pairs of wings. There are more than 3, 500 species of roaches.
Popular Kinds of Cockroaches
- German : They are the most common indoor cockroaches in Minnesota. They inhabit kitchens and bathrooms. They cluster together in hiding areas.
- Oriental : These species prefer dark, damp areas. They are often called water bugs or sewer roaches.
- American : They are occasionally found in homes and are more common in restaurants, grocery stores, and bakeries.
Getting Rid of Roaches
Here are some natural and artificial ways on how to stay away from scary flying roaches:
- Sprinkle a small amount of boric acid where you have seen them travel. They will kill themselves by ingesting the acid during their grooming routine. Do not forget to sprinkle in dark and damp areas like kitchen sinks and bathroom. Note: Do not use boric acid in areas where children or animals play, eat, or sleep. This is toxic to humans, too. Even giant cockroaches can’t escape death.
- You can also mix baking soda and powdered sugar in equal parts and use this as an insecticide. Leave the mixture in a shallow dish where roaches have been seen. This mixture is lethal to them.
- You can kill them naturally using bay leaves. They hate the taste of these leaves.
- Do not water the cockroaches. They need water to survive. Do not leave water in the sink, in dirty dishes, and other parts of the house. This is also one way to eliminate gnats.
- You can also put Naphthalene balls in corners or in stock rooms to eliminate and keep them away. They hate the smell of these balls.
- The best thing to do is keep the areas clean. Use a detergent and a disinfectant to clean the area.
Now that you know the best ways to keep roaches away from your family, start doing them to improve the health of your whole family.
You might also like