Home Remedies for Snake Biteposted by: Feby
Just a thought of snakes can bring me goose bumps all over my body. How much more when I got to see snakes face to face? That’s a big no-no! Snakes are one of the many unfriendly creatures I could think of. Personally I am scared of them and I don’t want to experience how bad does a snakebite hurt, not even on my dreams. Deaths statistics in snake bite is in great number especially in rural areas where there is not enough medical facilities and anti-venom medicine for wounds caused by snakes. So, the right knowledge on home remedies for snakebite is really a great help for everybody before proper treatment takes place.
Well, not all snakes are really poisonous but you should remember certain snakes that can really kill you with their venom like rattlesnake, cobra, coral snake, cottonmouths and copperhead. You are most likely to encounter them on remote areas. Learning few natural remedies and some first aid treatment are necessary if the symptoms are starting to show.
Some of the Home Remedies for Snake Bite
There are specific natural remedies that you can use in this case; baking soda however is not included on the list.
- Black Cohosh. Syrup made from this can stop the pain caused by a snake bite.
- White oak bark. This can subside the symptoms of the victim.
- Echinacea tea. It has some properties that delay the poisonous effect of the venom to spread all over body.
- Olive oil and lavender flower. Soak flowers to olive oil. Apply the oil to the snakebite.
First aid tips:
- Stay calm. Don’t panic to avoid the poison rush unto your veins.
- Wash the area with soap and water.
- Don’t apply any cold therapy.
- Get some medical attention as soon as possible.
Avoid going to some places that you are not familiar with. Be on your guard at all times because you will never know when snakes are going to attack.
You might also like