Home Remedies for Pock Marksposted by: Rio Dianne
To suffer from acne is already devastating enough and will leave you with low self-esteem. So what more when what it has left is pockmark? Uh-oh! Pockmark is another term used to refer to the scarring that acne has caused. Although, some pimples do not really leave unwanted marks, others pick and squeeze them leading to the scars. If you’re having feats regarding pockmarks as well, you may have searched for what the best thing you can do for its removal. Usually, its removal involves dermatological treatment such as laser therapy, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling, collagen fills, etc. However, they are too pricey and they require several sessions to see maximum results. On the other hand, if you are sticking to a budget, you may opt for home remedies for pock marks and here are some of them.
Home Remedies for Pock Marks
- Lemon juice: Although, this is widely known for its bleaching effect, this is also noted to help on how to get rid of acne scars since it contains alpha hydroxyl acid which helps remove dead skin cells affected by scarring. This can be made into a mask and put on to skin for a few minutes. You can use this regularly, but take note of any sensitivity to lemon or you might end up burning your skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda mixed with Vitamin E is said to reduce the appearance of acne scars when done on a regular basis. Make a scrub out of them by mixing a half tablespoon each of baking soda and Vitamin E. apply on skin and leave it on for atleast 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold water. This might be helpful since baking soda possesses polishing agent thus removing dead skin cells from the layer of the skin.
- Aloe Vera: Among the herbal remedies, aloe vera is a good suggestion to help in eliminating pockmarks. It contains healing properties thus will be beneficial in getting rid of scars caused by acne.
- Honey: Honey has antibacterial properties which help in making the skin smooth and removing pock marks. This can be mixed with apple cider vinegar and should be massaged onto skin for atleast ten minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with cool water.
- Ice: it aids in making pores smaller as well as in reduction of inflammation which gives your skin a smooth and less visible acne scars.
Some people are so dang lucky to have not experienced having feats with pimples or pimple marks. But well, if you’re suffering already, just follow these home remedies for pock marks and you’ll be on your way to smoother and less pockmarked skin. Good luck!
You might also like