Home Remedies for LBM (Loose Bowel Movement)posted by: Rio Dianne
Loose bowel movement (LBM) is otherwise known as diarrhea. Usually, this is a condition of the gastrointestinal tract which manifests symptoms such as frequency passing of stool which is loose and watery. The causes usually range from just a simple occurrence or acute conditions up to underlying medical conditions which are usually chronic. Apparently, for the acute type of LBM, it resolves its course in two days or more. However, you still have to do something about as it has a high risk for dehydration. Here are some home remedies for LBM which an individual having bouts of diarrhea can do.
Home Remedies for LBM
- BRAT diet – this is the most recommended home remedy for LBM. BRAT stands for bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Oftentimes tea and yogurt can be added to the diet. Medical professionals suggest the adherence to this type of diet since they add bulk to the intestine and consist of constipating effect.
- Oral rehydration therapy can help on how to treat diarrhea. This can be done by mixing ½ teaspoon of dry salt, 6 teaspoons of sugar, and a liter of warm water. Oral rehydration solution packets are also widely available in the local health markets.
- Buttermilk is also a good cure to the condition. This can be gotten from curd after the fat from the yogurt has been churned. This may be taken with a pinch of salt daily for atleast 4 times a day.
- Carrot soup can be made since this contains essential vitamins which are helpful in flushing out toxins along with your stools. Half a kilo of carrots can be cooked in 150ml of water until the carrots are soft. You can add a tablespoon of salt to the soup, and then allow the patient to take it every thirty minutes.
- Another treatment is by chewing cumin seeds alongside buttermilk to help on how to cure LBM.
- Among the home remedies for LBM, ginger extract can be added on a half cup of warm water and should be taken every hour to help combat diarrhea.
- Apple cider vinegar is another home medication option to help in eliminating symptoms of diarrhea.
Those are some of the home remedies for LBM which you can use to fight the condition. As for medication, Loperamide is the best treatment of choice to get rid of loose bowel movements. Finally, you must remember that you need to drink plenty of fluids when suffering from diarrhea to replace lost fluids.
You might also like