Foods that Speed Up Your Metabolism – Increase Your Metabolic Rateposted by: Rio Dianne
Do you want to know how to rev up your metabolism and what foods can you eat to increase your metabolism ?
Metabolic rate is the rate at which the human body burns calories. Thus, when most people fail on their weight loss plan, they blame it on their metabolism. People, when they have high metabolism rate can actually eat a lot and yet they won’t gain weight. However, not all of us are born with a high metabolism. But don’t worry because there are foods that speed up your metabolism. Eating foods that speed up your metabolism will help you burn calories and lose weight apparently. So, what are the foods that speed up your metabolism? Read on after the jump.
Foods that Speed up your Metabolism
If you want a sure way to lose weight, then try eating metabolism raising foods. But, what exactly are the foods that boost metabolism or negative calorie foods?
In reality, there is really no food that is negative calorie, but there are foods that contain few calories that create a negative calorie balance. Eat these diets and we assure you that you’ll burn more calories than usual.
- Oatmeal, Whole grain, and Cereal. These complex carbohydrates keep you full, but at the same time providing you the energy that you need to function efficiently throughout the day. It’s good to eat these great foods during breakfast. Also, they pump up your metabolism by keeping your sugar levels low. Research shows that eating breakfast increases metabolism, while skipping meals is one of the things that slow down metabolism.
- Jalapeno, Cayenne, and Habanero Peppers. These foods work by speeding up your heart rate. The chemical Capsaicin which is found in Jalapeno and Cayenne peppers stimulate the body to release stress hormones than usual, thus speeding up your metabolism by 25% and causing you to burn calories.
- Pork, Chicken, Lean Beef, and Turkey. These lean meats mentioned contain a great source of protein, thus revving up your basal metabolic rate. It is said that the more protein you eat, the harder your body has to work and the more calories it’ll burn during the digestion process.
- Tuna, Sardines, and Salmon. These foods contain loads of Omega 3 fatty acids. Moreover, they are said to alter leptin in the body. Studies showed that leptin affects metabolism and is good indicator if you are burning calories.
Drinks that Speed Up Metabolic Rate
- Green Tea and Coffee. Caffeine and a chemical found in the tea called EGCG speeds up your heart rate and causing your nervous system to function more quickly, thus making you burn more calories.
- Low-fat Milk. Low-fat milk as well some dairy products boost weight loss efforts. They are also rich in calcium that triggers the metabolic rate to increase, too.
- Water. Water acts as an appetite suppressant. Also, it helps eliminate toxins and sodium out of your system. So drink up. However, it is suggested that one must drink his water cold.
Hopefully, the facts about foods that speed up your metabolism will help you come out with a good meal plan so that you’ll be straight on your way to losing weight and stoking your daily calorie burn. Also, don’t forget to incorporate good habits like exercise together with the foods that you’re going to eat. Good luck!
You might also like