How to Cook White Spaghetti with Tunaposted by: Feby
When you heard about the food spaghetti, the first thing that comes to your mind is pasta with red sauce and meatballs on top. But don’t you know that we have a white version of this dish? For some countries it is known as white spaghetti but for some it is called spaghetti carbonara.
Spaghetti carbonara or white spaghetti tastes creamy and really delicious. You can use meat or bacon as main ingredient, but for a healthier choice, you can use tuna. In this article I am going to share white spaghetti recipe with tuna. It is cheaper and healthier.
Here’s how to make white spaghetti:
White Spaghetti Ingredients:
- 450 grams of pasta or noodles pasta
- 1 large can of tuna
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pouch of carbonara sauce
- ¼ cup of canned mushroom
- Prepare the noodles or the pasta by following the cooking procedure that you can see on the package. Once cooked, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat small sized of butter then sauté onion and garlic in a very low heat. Add tuna and mushroom. Pour in the carbonara sauce, cheese and beaten egg. Stir well.
- Then, season the sauce with salt and pepper to add a little taste and flavor. Turn the heat off.
- Finally, in a clean serving plate, put cooked pasta and pour in a little white sauce and grate some cheese on top. Serve.
The steps are real easy and quick to follow. It is much cheaper than red sauced spaghetti. It is also rich in nutrients and your family will surely love this. You can serve this on special occasions or anytime you want.
You might also like