10 Science-based Ways to Be Incredibly Happyposted by: ofri
‘Happiness is an inside job’ as what a recurring quotes runs.It means that your’e being happy depends on external factor. Its something that you chose or decide.That happiness is experience inside us.Its also has its source within us.
There were 10 scientifically proven ways to be amazingly happy based on a social media site called Buffer. Below are the list.
1. Exercise: 7 Minutes Could Be Enough
Exercise can help you relax, increase your brain power, and even improve your body image, even if you don’t lose any weight.
2. Sleep More: You’ll Be Less Sensitive to Negative Emotions
We know that sleep helps our body recover from the day and repair itself and that it helps us focus and be more productive. It turns out sleep is also important for happiness.
3. Spend More Time With Friends/Family: Money Can’t Buy You Happiness
Staying in touch with friends and family is one of the top five regrets of the dying.
If you want more evidence that time with friends is beneficial for you, research proves it can make you happier right now, too.
4. Get Outside More: Happiness is Maximized at 57
Being outdoors, near the sea, on a warm, sunny weekend afternoon is the perfect spot for most. In fact, participants were found to be substantially happier outdoors in all natural environments than they were in urban environments.
5. Help Others: 100 Hours a Year is the Magic Number
One of the most counterintuitive pieces of advice I found is that to make yourself feel happier, you should help others. In fact, 100 hours per year (or two hours per week) is the optimal time we should dedicate to helping others in order to enrich our lives.
6. Practice Smiling: Reduce Pain, Improve Mood, Think Better
Smiling can make us feel better, but it’s more effective when we back it up with positive thoughts.
7. Plan a Trip: It Helps Even if You Don’t Actually Take One
As opposed to actually taking a holiday, simply planning a vacation or break from work can improve our happiness.
8. Meditate: Rewire Your Brain for Happiness
Meditation is often touted as an important habit for improving focus, clarity, and attention span, as well as helping to keep you calm.
9. Move Closer to Work: A Short Commute is Worth More Than a Big House
Our commute to work can have a surprisingly powerful impact on our happiness.
10. Practice Gratitude: Increase Happiness and Satisfaction
There are lots of ways to practice gratitude, from keeping a journal of things you’re grateful for, sharing three good things that happen each daywith a friend or your partner, and going out of your way to show gratitude when others help you.
You might also like