How to Treat Eye Infectionposted by: Rio Dianne
Eye infections can be because of viral and bacterial causes. There are actually widespread types of eye infections such as conjunctivitis or pink eye, blepharitis, and stye. These eye infections are commonly associated with symptoms including eye pain, eye discharge, infected, and swollen eyelid. Some of these infections can be spread easily especially those who are in close contacts with the affected person. The best thing to do on how to cure eye infections most especially when the symptoms won’t go away particularly in toddler is to consult a doctor to be given proper treatment. However, if the situation is not severe though, try to use some home treatment on how to treat eye infection.
How to Treat Eye Infection
- Wash your hands regularly to further spread on the infection.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes as this can make the problem worse.
- Wash your swollen eyelid with a gentle and mild soap such as the ones used by babies. Be certain that it doesn’t have perfumes or dyes that can cause your eyes more irritation.
- For five minutes, apply warm compress to your eyes using a clean cotton cloth every two hours. Doing this can provide relief for eye pain.
- Among the home remedies which you can use is the Flaxseed which is said to cure inflammation and soothe the pain and irritation. Boil the seed in 4 ounces of water for 15 minutes. Strain the excess water and put the warm moist solution on cheesecloth and apply on eyes. Do this three times a day.
- Chamomile is also another home remedy on how to treat eye infection. With 2 cups of water, boil 3 cups of chamomile tea for 15 minutes and let it cool. Wash the affected are with the chamomile solution three times daily.
- Do not wear make-up or contact lenses while suffering from this infection to avoid aggravation of it. Replace your make-up with a new one so you won’t re-infect your eyes. As for contact lens, make sure that you clean them well.
Finally, you can also try to use over the counter medications that can provide relief and discomfort. In instances where you’ve tried to do all the remedies presented above, and none seemed to work, it is proper to consult a doctor immediately.
You might also like