How to Prevent Bladder Infectionsposted by: Feby
Bladder infection or Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) can bring so much trouble in releasing the urine from your bladder. It brings discomfort in your daily life. The right knowledge will help you avoid UTI from recurring. In this article I will give you some helpful information about this infection and that includes the cause, symptoms, treatment and prevention or how to prevent bladder infections.
- This infection is very common in women because of the closeness of urethra, vagina and anus- bacteria is present in there.
- Sexual intercourse can contribute to this infection because of the bacteria present in the vagina and being pushed into the urethra and can irritate the bladder.
- Can be caused by an instrument inserted into the bladder.
- Can be a sign of chronic infection such as kidney infection, prostate cancer or Chlamydia.
- A burning sensation when you urinate.
- Urge to urinate frequently
- Sexual intercourse could be painful
- Blood is present in urine
- Smelly urine
- Home remedies such as cranberries, blueberries and castor oil. They are use as remedies or remedy to soothe the inflammation and flushing out the bacteria E. coli from the walls of your urinary tract.
- Antibiotics are being used to treat or cure this infection. Just make sure you don’t self medicate and should ask your physician before taking any of them.
- Don’t hold it when you feel you need to urinate.
- Drink enough water.
- In women, when wiping your genitals or your anus, make sure you wipe from front to back.
- Make sure you wash your genitals before and after sexual intercourse. After sex urinate to flush out the bacteria accumulated during sex.
- Always wear cotton underwear. Don’t wear tight clothing.
- Take Vitamin C.
If you are feeling any symptoms from the list above, visit your doctor and have yourself checked. Don’t self medicate. Stay healthy.
You might also like