How to Cure Migraine Naturallyposted by: Rio Dianne
Suffering from migraine attack ?!? If you are, you know exactly how it can hinder your normal activity level, right ? Usually, once this debilitating condition attacks, more people opt for a lot of pharmaceutical choices on how to treat migraine headache. However, with these treatments come frightening side effects like what they say in a lot of researches. Moreover, some prescribed medicines give little relief for their condition so they set the choice of taking medicine aside to get rid of what they are feeling. How to cure migraine naturally is definitely something that a lot of sufferers look for. If you are one of them, then continue reading on to learn more how to get rid of it right at home using natural treatment. But before that, let’s have an overview about this subject.
There are three types of headache – tension headache, migraine, and cluster headache. As for migraine headache, it is a form of vascular headache. It is characterized with a throbbing headache and is usually one sided and causes symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sleep disruption, and sensitivity to light and sound.
How to Cure Migraine Naturally
- Get a good sleep. Adjust your sleeping habits and stick to it as changing shifts can trigger attacks of migraines.
- Provide relief by using ice application. Put an ice pack on your forehead to combat the pain.
- Lie down in a quiet and dimly – lit room so as not to aggravate the symptoms more.
- Consume a small and frequent diet. Never skip meals since they are also known to cause the attack. Moreover, cut down your sugar intake as it can spike up your blood sugar level which can trigger migraines.
- Discontinue any migraine medications as much as possible because you will tend to experience rebound headaches more. But be sure to talk with your doctor about it.
- Eliminate caffeine in your diet as this can induce the occurrence of migraine more.
- Try some home remedies using herbal treatments. One remedy to treat the condition fast is the use of feverfew which has been widely used to prevent this disabling attack. You can also take butterbur, and ginger. Ginger will provide a lot of help especially when you’re suffering from symptoms like nausea and vomiting.
- Do some moderate exercises. Doing this can help you increase the blood flow to your head thus alleviating the head pain that you are experiencing. Just sick with moderate exercises rather than strenuous ones, you wouldn’t want your headache to worsen, right?
- Take vitamins and supplements such as magnesium, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B6, and Omega 3 essential fatty acids. These supplements are known to work best in reducing the condition.
- Opt for other alternatives including – acupuncture, guided imagery, and massage to reduce the number of migraines that you experience and alleviate the discomfort and pain you feel from the attack.
Whoa, there are really a lot of ways on how to treat migraines naturally. Make sure to go after the tips that we’ve given you, so the chances of having a disabling day due to attacks will be lessened. We hope this has helped!
You might also like