How to Cook Dinengdengposted by: Feby
Dinengdeng is an authentic dish from the Northern part of the Philippines. It is one of the dishes and recipes you can pair with pork adobo. This recipe uses different vegetables and seasoned with fish sauce ( bagoong).
Dinengdeng is one of the easiest food or recipes to cook. You just need to boil the vegetables and season it with fish sauce. The good thing about this food, you can use any available vegetables in any season.
Anyway, here’s how to cook dinengdeng the easiest way.
- 3 pieces of string beans
- 1 small bundle of squash flower
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, chopped
- ½ cup of malunggay leaves
- ½ cup of malunggay fruit ( bunga ng malunggay)
- 2 small eggplants (the round and green ones), sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon s of dried shrimps
- Smoked fish , fried
- Fish sauce ( bagoong)
- In a clean cooking pot, put water and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Once it has reached to its boiling point, add the bagoong. Simmer for few seconds.
- Add sweet potatoes, string beans, eggplants and malunggay fruit. Re-boil and simmer for few minutes.
- Then put the squash flower, malunggay leaves and dried shrimps. Cook for 1 minute.
- Next, place the fried smoked fish on top of the boiled vegetables. Cover the pot and continue to simmer for few seconds .
- Finally, remove from the heat. Place dinengdeng into the serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice and pork adobo on the side.
This dish doesn’t require you to cook like a pro. It is so quick and easy to prepare. Aside from the fact that its so simple to prepare, this food is also packed with vitamins and minerals.
You might also like